Geforce mx440 128 Ram 8x AGP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

Beta member
Hi, i need some help!!! I have a pentium 4, Cpu 2.4, Asus motherboard, 8x AGP, 512 ddr ram!! what is the best VGA for my computer???? do u guys think that an ATI 9800 XT, will work well on my computer?? does my pc have all the Requirements??

and what is better Geforce or ATI??? i have a Geforce mx440 128 ram and 8x agp!!! I know my computer can do better than a Geforce4 mx440!!!

and overall do i have a good computer??? asus p4s8x MOBO, 512 RAM ddr, 8x agp, HT technology, 2.4 gh CPU.

Thanx in Advance:bald:

The Radeon 9800-XT will work well on your computer.

As for Geforce v.s. Radeon (nVidia v.s. ATI) there are many oppinions on this, but generally people seem to think that the Radeon chips are better, but the Geforce has better drivers.

imho the 9800-XT kicks ass though :)

You have a good system. It will perform well, and not too pricy (well except for that killer video card ;) )

9800 XT is the top of the line for ATI and it will rock on your machine.
Driver issues are no longer a problem with ATI as they are now superior to NVIDIA in many respects such as fog rendering etc... providing you with better quality eye candy.

I can't remember if the 9800 XT comes in 128 and 256 M RAM though. If it does, go for the 256 as the new games coming out will be able to work with it all.

If you want to save a 100 $ or so, go for the 9800 PRO with 256 RAM as the difference between the PRO and the XT is not very big. (check review on anandtech.com or tomshardware.com.

One nice thing with the new cards is their direct 9X capabilities. Man they're awsome.
With the new cards, you can double your framerate in most circumstances which will make you a happy gamer.

i used an mx440 64mb unreal2 played well enough, that is untill i dropped in a new fx with 256mb directx9 onboard mpeg2 encoder
built in. it was well worth the money, a mid range ati would kick it's ass probably. but for price/ram i think the nvidia wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom