Building Another PC What Do You Think

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the same here. we don't get anybody in our shop that has raid, or linux, or anything "high tech" because most ppl are able to install those things themselves if they have them

Dont worry about raid, it takes around a good 15 seconds to array your drives. I suggest eVGA ,BFG, or Ledteck 6800's. These are better cards to OC. Also for RAM, i suggest OCZ Platinum Rev2, or G Skill LA's. Those are the most fit for OC. The eVGA and BFG card wont cost anymore. The RAM i suggested will be a little more, but from the type of system you got going, i dont think money is a issue. Even if you cant pull that RAM, i would drop SLI all togather. Just for the fact that the new generation video cards are coming out in a few months. Anyone that has dual 6800's will be reluctant to upgrade. At this moment, going SLI with the video cards available would be a little to deep. Just for the fact the new generations are coming out. Its something to think about though.

well your build is bad IMO

1.) the DFI board is much better
2.) you can't overclock shit, because VX stands for voltage xtreme and it's "enchanced latencies" and the guaranteed ddr500 will not be reached less it's at "3.3V" which the crappy MSI mobo can't even supply; only the DFI board support 3V-4V
3.) that MGE power supply sucks ass; MGE is generic and wattage doesn't matter; go for an OCZ powerstream 600W or a PCP&C

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
MGE XG Vortec 600W PSU
AMD Athalon 3200+ Venice
OCZ Ehanced Latency VX ( 2x 512mb )
2x WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
2x MSI NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT

and you said you built computers? wel it seems like you don't know a thing (you said you will be overclocking, but that memory won't do shit unless you supply it with enough voltage, which the MSI board can't even give)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom