whats better than an xp120

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
At idle my xp120 sits around 32*C. At max load it hits about 45. Im thinkin bout watercooling. But all the reviews i am seeing say that the xp120 is as good as most watercooling setups. Any ideas? Im not going vapochill, and i dont feel like using any peltiers.

thanks

I don't think that you're going to get much cooler with air-cooling. I personally think that we are hitting a wall with feasible air-cooling solutions. You should be able to get it cooler with a good water cooling setup, but that's up to you. Are you looking at overclocking more?

yah i am. Iv tried it with this board, i can do it by fsb, but thats all, not much gain since the athlon 64s are locked. Once i get me a better coolin rig, i will buy an fx cpu. The fx series are not locked, so i can get more out of it from the multipliers

THe XP-90c (all copper edition) actually cools better than the XP-120. I have read reviews and had first hand experience with both heatsinks. Get the XP-90c.

Well, he asked if it was the best, and I just gave him a correct awnser.

He asked for ideas, and suggesting that he buy an xp90c to replace his xp-120 is a dumb idea. But yes, you are technically correct.

the xp90c and the xp120 are about the same and your right they are as good as alot of watercooling rigs. you could maybes try putting a more powerful fan on, or even stacking 2 on top of each other, that would knock ur temp down alittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom