Building Websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm installing a 600W psu so i dont' want to kill myslef lol. plus theres a risk of frying your bits and i don't want to take that chance.

Yeah, the point of an antistatic wristband is not to necessarily protect you as much as it is to protect your computer components.

powerslave12 said:
lol, anti stati wrist bands arn't really necessary, but it's your option on that, i guess it's better then getting electricuted, i'm not going to where them when i build my rig, because i could use a little static shock
:)

yea the wrist bands aren't meant to protect yourself. It's meant to protect the computer components. I completly fried my last mother board because i didnt wear an anti-static wrist band when I was adding a pci card. Cost me a new computer too!

You are a n00b (dont take offense to it, just stating the obvious) so i would recommend you wear the antistatic band. Like anything, when you start getting more accustomed with it, you can cut corners here and there but still come out with the same finished product. Just wear it for your first time. It's like sex. You dont want to lose your virginity while not wearing a condom, you gotta wait until you know what you're can loose that! Bad example...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom