About to overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Despite what you guys say "dont overclock if you don't know what your doing"
i have a fairly good idea of how to do this, as far was working with bios, how do i get to the multiplyer// or the part where i edit cpu stuff ( i dont know an exact name)
i just need to know how to get to that specific part...

and is it possible to oc a 2.2 ghz to a 2.6?

if you need info about my comp- ill post a reply after i reset my comp

how do i get to the multiplyer// or the part where i edit cpu stuff ( i dont know an exact name)

obviously you still don't know what you're doing

you have to learn more about your board first

what motherboard are you using

it's on a gateway, and i think it's locked because it's not letting me mod any of the cpu options, are retail systems mobo's locked? is there a way to un lock them if it is?
how would i find my mobo type, bios?

Yea, I bet it's locked. I looked into my system and they've locked everything, and It's a DIY system.

CPUz would help you fnd your mobo, but it'd be a pain, because money says that Gateway used some no-name person to manafacture their mobos.

don't do it on a gateway

they locked everything in their special BIOS, not to mention the cooling//ram//power supply sucks

you think i dont know that?? lol, i hate this computer, im desperate for a new one, but i cant get it right now so im trying to do as much as i can to make this one better

No, you cannot OC a Gateway. They use an extremelly locked down version of a sucky PhoenixBIOS. Even if it were not locked down, I dont even think that in that bios there are any options to overclock. Point is, you cannot do it. They build those machine with overclockers in mind, and would rather people go through them and pay money to upgrade rather than do it for free.

Build a new computer, and then ask us.

yeah, i will do that, the thing is, this thing is so crappy! i wanted to get a little more performance out of it so it will last until my parents buy me my new computer

I dont think he could even overclock it. If he could, he would obviously see gains, but I dont think he can OC with his rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom