Need Help With Compressing Iso's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeZ_NutZ_805

Baseband Member
ok, i have a 4.3gb movie iso on my comp...

what i wanna know (how to do)...is how can u take that 4.3gb iso, and compress it into somethin maybe around 1.5-2gb

without touchin the movie files and ruinin the quality it has....

hopefully yall get the basic of what im askin

basically in less terms lol, i wanna compress the 4.3gb image into a possible 2gb file that will hold the 4.3gb file in it til extraction at a smaller file size....

if you convert it to something like DIVX you can get very good quality for a movie thats takes up around 2gb, and decent quality for movies as low as 700mb

im not lookin to downsample the actual movie..what i wanna do, is compress that iso file in archive files to a smaller size, so while i still have the 4.3gb file in the archive, the archive only reads at bout 2gb.....

ive seen it done with ps2 games n what not........

rars will be compressed to bout 1.5-2gb..but after u extract the file, u end up with a 4gb iso file

That is exactly what I was going to suggest - WinRAR.
What's the problem with WinRAR? :confused:

DeeZ_NutZ_805 said:
ok, i have a 4.3gb movie iso on my comp...

what i wanna know (how to do)...is how can u take that 4.3gb iso, and compress it into somethin maybe around 1.5-2gb

without touchin the movie files and ruinin the quality it has....

hopefully yall get the basic of what im askin

basically in less terms lol, i wanna compress the 4.3gb image into a possible 2gb file that will hold the 4.3gb file in it til extraction at a smaller file size....

you can't use lossless compression with video. it will stay the same size even if you use something like winrar. if you want to shrink it with the best quality, use instant copy
http://pinnaclesys.com/menusupport_n.asp?product_id=1394&Langue_ID=7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom