Help me choose mobo/ram for overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
I don't need anything drastic, and i'm kinda limited in price, but i want to overclock a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice to 2.4 gigs. Any affordable solutions?

Most decent motherboards will be able to reach those speeds quite easily. I don't know if it stretches beyond your limit, but the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D is worth every penny.

Yes, I know that the dfi mobos offer great overclocking mobos, but I was wondering if there was a cheaper mobo that would accomidate my needs. The dfi isn't out of my budget range, but I don't want to overspend if I can do the same thing for cheaper.

I was wondering that since I only need to oc to 2.4 ghz, should i get the 3000+ instead of the 3200? What multiplier is the 3000 at? 9 instead of 10? What ram will be stable enough to run at a high enough bus speed to get to 2.4 with a multiplier at 9?

Dont settle for a 754, that is ridiculous. It is like getting a P4 423, you just dont do it. It is so out of date. As well as that mobo. Get the 3200+, you DO get a huge bang for your buck with that one! The 3200+ Venice is one of the most overclockable processors available. It can reach killer speeds.

As for MoBo, go with what Gaara said, get a DFI NF4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom