Need an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwjayleedy

Baseband Member
Ok just re-upgraded, i was the one complaining my mobo was nt reading my processor right so anyways it was the mobo it was messed up(bad cmos/bios). Anyways so i got a new one, works great but now for my question.

I got 2 sticks of ddr 266 ram 512 ea and upgraded to a new vid card geforce 5500 xt now need advice i paid 62.50 for each stick of ram and 75 for the vid card (agp 8x) was this a good investment?

for games, no. your videocard is way to slow to play anything at worthwhile settigns and your RAM speeds aren't really up to par either.

BTW, whats your motherboard and processor?

processor is 2.40a P4 533 fsb, Mother board, i dont have the specs in front of me at the moment. I mean i have no lag on WOW running at 30 fps settings on medium, i mean what more could i want. what do some of the hardcore gamers run and whats their FPS? and by the way i have the vid card OC'd at 300/420 Est.

im completely happy right now lol, it runs smoothly ok what do some of yous recommend upgrading to, cash is no object so give me some ideas as whats good but without going over board

are you POSITIVE cash isn't a problem?

if it isn't, get an Athlon64 FX-55, a DFI SLI compatible motherboard, 2 PCI-Express Evga 6800GT's and at least 1GB of PC32000 RAM. if you have that, you'll be playing WoW maxed out with AA/AF with well over 60fps.

is AMD that much better for gaming then Pentium?

if so does AMD make a socket 478 just wondering i have an old mother board and im gonna build my brother a computer so i was wondering if they make a 478 amd? or an equivalent.

also my cpu on a benchmark test ran 135 degrees F is that bad ?
it runs 105 idle

135F is a wee hot, but it's not bad.

Intel only has the 478 sockets. Each socket is proprietary to the respective processor. I.E. Socket A can ONLY fit an AMD, 478 ONLY a Pentium 4, 939 ONLY an AMD 64, etc...

Hardcore people have their vid cards OC'ed alot further than what you have. I believe Nubius is at 425/1015 or something close to those numbers. He also has a 6800GT though, and your card is pretty low end. Invest in some better components. Even if you dont want to go balls out with the machine that Switch recommended, at least do some minor upgrading. Like a 6600GT for $180, small things like that.

Glad we could help. Post your findings, any other questions just ask.

-Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom