Windows XP SP1 and Office 2003 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryank771

Beta member
Okay -- I have a user with my company that is constantly having issues when trying to edit calender entries. What happens is she'll try to double click on an entry and it will pop up stating that the "object could not be found". I have installed all Office updates, and all Windows updates prior to SP2 (Due to internal application settings, Windows SP2 is not yet supported).

The only way I have found to fix this issue, is to simply remove the Outlook folder under C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft, and then restarting Outlook. This seems to fix it --> either that, or I create a new profile for the user.

This is ONLY affecting this one particular user, and once I fix it she manages to break it 1 week later.

Has anyone seen this? FYI -- this user can edit this info if using our webmail access.

Thoughts -- suggestions?

just out of curiousity, have you talked with the exchange admin on this problem? seems like a configuration conflict that is cauing the error. Might also try setting up cached mode and see if that helps.
options, mail setup, email accounts, Next, change, then click the check box for cached mode. this allows you to hold all of the exchange details for your account local.
Have you done a detect and repair in outlook yet? also what version of webmail are you on?

good luck

I too would speak with the exchange admin to make sure everything is in tact and that there in no replication issues if there are multiple exchange servers. What is she doing right before it starts happening? A specfic action?

Sorry for my delay guys, my vacation (err, I mean business meetings) ran a little behind ;).

I checked and unchecked cached mode, to no avail. I DID however find out that this is only happening to the reoccurring meetings. Regular meetings work just fine. And the sad thing ---- it's not happening to me. I will try and check with our exchange admins, but knowing them -- they will deny, deny -- DENY.

Any other ideas?

One more thought --- I wouldn't think it would be an exchange issue, if I can reprofile or delete the above mentioned folder and it fixes the problem?

Outlook 2003 annoys me.

Inaris --

That link worked. We haven't pushed out SP1 yet as our XP users are still being tested. We still have some issues with XP (pre sp2 thank to our idiot programmers) and Office 2003.

But, your link worked ---- my headache is gone. Thanks man!

it's all good. I actually slipstreamed the sp1 into our full deployement to save the extra headaches of doing it later. We are XP Sp1 running office 2003 sp1. Just starting to test sp2 for interation problems.
Glad that linked works. Might consider talking your programers into using the SP1 with office as it's got some very important fixes. and in the end you will save a ton of time troubleshooting if you just integrate that before you go live.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom