Monitoring users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can certainly understand if the computer is his own and he wants to ensure that it is not being used for purposes he would not approve of. What he should do is put a monitoring program on the computer and have it alert users that there is a monitoring program in use and any use of the computer means you consent to being monitored.

Now if the computer in question is not his own and he just wants to see what his friend is doing online then that is a totally separate issue and I definitely don't approve of something like that.

As for me, I know it is hard to get a sense of humor across a forum, people cannot read humor into words. Although I fail to see how you saying I....

sound like one of those American Evangelists from the arse whole of know where and all the residents of the town belong to the same family due to inbreeding.

is considered a form of humor, but maybe in your neck of the woods it would be consider just that. Trust me though, I take it all with a grain of salt though, I don't get upset when people flame me because there are far more important things in my day than to worry about someone I don't even know saying something stupid.

What I don't understand is how someone without children can even pretend to know what we parents have to worry about these days. If you had the responsibility I am sure your thoughts on the subject may be a little different. You don't have children though so you have the luxury of not worrying about them.

Not sure why I am even engaging in this debate with you because I can see that you will never understand my point. You view it as spying, an invasion of privacy. As I have said, it is not their conversations with their friends I want to read. I want to make sure my kids or their friends are not going to illegal sites, downloading games that come packed with tons of spyware/ adware that I then have to spend hours cleaning out of the computer.

I guess the closest way I can put it and try to make you understand is this. Imagine you had a daighter and she said she was going out with some boy. Would you allow her to simply run out and jump in his car without you knowing a single thing about him or would you want to meet him, ask them about their plans and set a few groundrules? I would truly hope that you would be more in tune with your kids and what they are doing.

I thought this thread was going to be kicked into touch,

oh no, I've raised it to pole position again.

Don't take me literally, I wasn't impling that my post was humurous, but that in general I can't tell that your a grumpy old ****er.

Stop quoting me it is patronising and I can see what I wrote.

?

Yeah it's because of guys like myself and thousands of others who proudly serve our country that allows your penciled neck, techie geek a$$ to sleep safely in your bed at night.

Do not ever make light of the sacrifices made on your behalf by the thousands of servicemen and women at this very moment. I don't give a rats a$$ what you think of me (like I care), but to show disrespect for any member of the armed services shows exactly the kind of idiot you are.

As I said before it is very comforting to not know someone so that you have the freedom to say things to me you have. Trust me, if you were to stand in front of me there would be no way you would ever utter a single word like you have spewed from your keyboard.

Wow, very heated; I agree, your children are your responsibillity, you should teach and monitor them, and if you deam neccessary as a parent, by all means invade there privacy. I have the unique posision of having such parrents, I hated them for there decisions at first, but understood there choices later. Now I am the uncle of many of my siblings kids, after seeing the patients and understanding they go through regularly, I have a better respect for fatherhood. You should not monitor them while online, it can drive a wedge between you and youre children, you should be aware of there friends. Talk to them, do things with them,( even if its work), judging by your posts, your respectable, I doubt your kids will turn out different.

wxcpo said:
As I have said, it is not their conversations with their friends I want to read

So why did you say

Originally posted by wxcpo
I would like to know who they are chatting with and what they are saying

I understand that you may want to make sure your kids are safe on the internet but monitoring them is not the way to do it. Monitoring is spying and it is not keeping them safe. You have to have a reason to be concerned about your kids bahaviour on the internet otherwise you wouldnt have asked the question you did. If you were concerned about their behaviour when they go out with their friends then you wouldnt hire a spy to watch them would you. Tell them your concerns - have you spoken to your kids about it?

['yosa' - get a life ass-licker]

I do indeed have no life, I will take your hasty advice and acheive one. Lol, as to the above post, you put it nicly, I may have lost my objectivity when I hit my 30's, but certainly not my compasion for familly, I don't agree with monitoring, I do agree with the post, yours trully " ass licker", lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom