Missing S32EVNT.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

art

Solid State Member
Have removed Symantec some time ago, now get message when trying to load a program: Prog\Symantec\S32EVNT.DLL an inst Virt D Driver failed DLL initiation. Choose CLOSE to terminate.
Some progs will load if I press IGNORE others wont. Can some one help PLEASE? Thanks Al

Do you need this file? If so what version, year, and type of AV are you running? Do you want to delete this file? Go to c:\programfiles\symantec\ and delete the folder or files. If it wont let you, rename the files to whatever, then reboot and try to delete it, either in normail mode or safe mode.

Hi thanks for your message. I do not think that I need this DLL.
Aother thing is that neither Symantec or Norton is on my p.c. I deleted Norton some time ago; havedone a search for either but nothing found - also searched hidden files. I've had problems with Norton before when I have deleted it - they dont seem to like people leaving them Hi!!. I just dont know where this reference to the
missing DLL as being in Program Files\Symantec comes from??
Thanks agein. I'm running Win XP pro.
In fact I have found a file S32EVNT.DLL !!! but not sure if it is where it should be? Wherever that may be. Many thanks Al

Hi, I found S32EVNT1.DLL under; WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\S32EVNT1.DLL would this be the same? thank you for your assistance

That is a Symantec DLL and it does reside in the Windows folder. You can delete it. Or, if you want, copy the file to another location, then delete it. You might not be able to delete it so then you need to try and rename the file to whatever you can, then try to delete it, or rename, reboot, then delete.

Thank you for your help. I have now deleted the DLL. Will see what happens agein. Many thanks. Art

go to start, run and type msconfig and press enter
then remove all the startup items with Symantec, and any other programs you don't want coming up on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom