Active Desktop (open local folders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Seraph

Beta member
I am using JavaScript and HTML to make an active desktop page. On the page I have a menu to several of my websites and a menu to folders on my HD. When I open a folder from the active desktop theview is always set to Icons. My defualt view is set to Details and when I open the folders normally they are in Details. Does any one know how I can get the folders to open the way I want. Here is the code for the menu:

<script language="JavaScript">
function gotowthis(a){
b=eval(a)
if(b){
eval("window.open("+a+")")
}
}
</script>

<select name="wthis" onblur="gotowthis('wthis.value')">
<option value="">
<option value="C:\">C:
<option value="F:\">F:
<option value="G:\">G:
<option value="H:\">H:
<option value="I:\">I:
<option value="">
<option value="H:\Music">MUSIC
</select>

I think you have to set the folder options for all folder to be the same.
open one of the folders using the script.
change the view to be the way you want it to look.
Then go to tools, folder options and then view. slect the option to set all like current. That should do it for you.
Good luck

Thanks but already did that.
If I type a folder (c:/windows) in to the addressbar the folder will be in Details view. But if I use my active desktop all folders open in Icons view.

I think it may be because its opening in IE not Explorer

well, i did it on a win2k machine and it's working as it should, as long as I make the change once in the session it stays resident. not sure why it would change after that though...

I'll look at my XP machine tomorrow and let you know.

I got it to change but it will change back when I reboot or if xp refreshes its self. Is there a code or var that I can send in the link that will insure that the folders always open in detail view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom