Phase Change, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watercooling is actually suprisingly cheaper if you do a bit of digging, a TDX block, MCP650 (although the 655 may be better now), tubing plus fillport and a custom modded automotive heatercore will cost probably around 150 bucks.

yeah not too far off, a little more than $150 in most cases....especially considering all the little things you gotta buy to go with modding the heatercore.
TDX = $50
Pump = $75
Heatercore at the cheapest is like $25-$30
5 feet of tygon = $15
Fillport = $12

About $175.....start adding on a GPU block theres another $50

Indeed, it's still not really too bad when ya break it all down, the pump is the real thing that gets you, the TDX block is basically just like an expensive heatsink, and the tubing and fillport are really nothing on the pricetag. Heatercore is still relatively cheap considering the performance you get out of it.

I added you to xfire btw.

Even phase change or some of these other elaborate solutions aren't really that expensive, building a phase change unit is dirt cheap and nitrogen and dry ice are also considerably cheap solutions. Most people just don't have the space/time/knowledge/equipment to properly work this sort of stuff. I wouldn't find stepping up to it one day, but I gotta take baby steps and water is a good start.

isn't phase change water turning into steam or somewhat of that? i may be completly wrong but. well, i'll guess anyways

hell i woulda already gotten myself much better cooling if it wasn't for the "mostly 13-16 year old" part

my parents would
a.) think im crazy for getting xtreme cooling
b.) kill me if i screw up

Yea...It'd be almost worth getting a cheap dell just for a) 2 computer bragging rights
and b) having a system to practice on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom