Windows 2000 Server Alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello all! Is there a way in Windows 2000 Server so send an E-Mail alert when the local disk becomes 15% low on disk space?

So say when it drops to 30GB is there a way to trigger something via E-Mail to notify us admins this storage is running out of space? I have looked briefly, but so far no luck. Thanks!

I know we have a Perl program that does that for us, as well as network monitoring programs at work. One is called Big Brother, the other is MOM (Microsoft Operations Manager ). I'll have to look tomorrow when I'm back in the office as I left my key fob at work... anyway, I'll see what I can find out for you...
This is big brother...
http://www.bb4.org/

Sweeet thanks Inaris! We were thinking something along the lines of perl script as well. I appreciate you taking the time.

Well as for the perl program, that is going to be propritaty, you know, the whole, I made this while at company y and can't do anything about it... :)
I believe the root code is found in almost all mail.pl programs. Ours is compiled. I'll get you the main info if I remember in the morning. have to look over the source. been a while since I looked at that one. The rest is attached to BigBrother I think. The service has a reporting system that can call out on an action. The action is another perl program used to call mail.exe and then passes a few peramiters about who to send it to and what the message is.
I'll get you more in the AM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom