Need a new Power Supply badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
gojonnygo5 said:
the thermaltake is good but im sayin for 39.99 the ultra xconnects are also good. KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN?

no, i don't know what you're saying because the ultra x-connect is crap

it's basically a generic power supply that glows and looks cool for 12 year olds that love things that glow

its AMPs for the 12V rail are probably the max it reaches, so if it averages 18A all the time and jump to 34A for 10 seconds, then it rates it as 34A, as opposed to better brands that actually rate their PSU accurately

charles_scott said:
It has decent AMPs for the 12vrail...... Anyways i didnt see that his PSU was 4 years old lol

Yeah it's the one that did run his computer before we burned it up lol. I just ended up giving him my Gigabyte mobo and P4 2.4A processor though.

I have the Ultra X-Connect. it actully is quite stable on the 12 V rail, generally staying at around 30A. It remained steady when I OCed my CPU.

At the same time, there are far better choices.

Thats a nice PSU, Austin, but i would go with the 480watt model

HAVOC2k5 said:
You want a solid PSU? Well fork over $200.00 and get yourself the best you can buy. PC Power and Cooling makes the "BEST" there is.

Sure it costs a pretty penny. But, you want a solid PSU. Smart!

If anyone tells you that PCP&C isn't the best, their an idiot.

Check it out!
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51DX

I'm not about to spend as much on my power supply as I did on my processor. I have n oneed for the best on the market, I think I'll order the Thermaltake 480w.

HAVOC2k5 said:
LOL - Must be a top of the line processor... You should just get a large copper coiled wheel and a couple of gerbils. You'll be all set!

sale on newegg for a 3.0E p4. I don't see a point in a 200 dollar power supply when this pc is mostly going to be used for daily usage with light gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom