About to Overclock......need advice and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
prime95 failed after how many hours?

Voltage increases aren't generally what screws up your computer though, it's mainly because of a highly unstable OC and it was just coincidence that by the time you added the voltage it was too late, but let me know how it goes

Ok, this is my O.C which is unstable.....

CPU Clock 2987.48 MHz(original: 2400 MHz, overclock: 24%)

CPU FSB 165.98 MHz (original: 133 MHz, overclock: 25%)

I increased the voltage from 1.525v to 1.600v with no luck in getting the O.C stable. Do i need to increase the voltage more or was the increase i used ok? Thanks

BTW- Prime95 failed very shortly after i started the torture test. Also any time i increase the voltage my sound goes, then on with unistalling, reinstalling soundmax. lol :( So it seems i can't raise the voltage without losing my sound.....Now just for the record i have two similar Vcore's to increase voltage, the one i have been using is Cpu Vcore and the other one is under Hardware Powerups (something like that) in BIOS which is called Vcore Voltage. Should i be using Vcore Voltage to increase voltage or what i have been using cpu Vcore??????

Sorry one more question, What is Jumperfree mode with regards to your Mobo and BIOS???

Comeon guys get me too 3.0GHz Please!!!!!!! Once i get to 3.0GHz thats it for O.C my computer and then you don't have to look or respond to this thread ever again!! I'm thinking i might have to loosen my Ram timings? Am i correct about this? Anyways once again Thanks in advance. :)

I increased the voltage from 1.525v to 1.600v with no luck in getting the O.C stable. Do i need to increase the voltage more or was the increase i used ok? Thanks
Well you basically answered your own question......obviously the current voltage isn't OK if you're computer isn't stable.

You're 100% positive your AGP/PCI is locked, and that your RAM assuming you're raising it's FSB as well is stable?

RAM will need more voltage and looser timings to be able to follow the FSB. Have you even been running memtest86+ to see if it makes it through a couple loops of that ok?

Don't know what the jumperfree mode is, unless they mean OC'ing without using jumpers on the board.

Also it's weird you have more than one voltage, but it sounds like one is the voltage the computer starts up with, which is weird that'd they'd have one like that, so you might try bumping that up a little but all it'd seem like that'd do is make it stable at post......currently it sounds like you're lacking in voltage just to keep the current speed stable.....

it also sounds like you keep bumping up the clock speed without atleast finding a mid-point between stock and it's limits that you KNOW is stable so you can always revert back to the last known stable spot instead of starting over

I'm done like dinner...thats it for O.C'ing my computer. I now have my computer O.C'ed 23% from a 2.4ghz to a 2.9 (not bad for crappy ram that i shouldn't O.C) It's just below 3.0GHz but thats ok because i've noticed a big improvement already. Anyways, Thank you Nubuis and the others who supervised my first CPU O.C. Really appriecated all the input and advice.

So you thought i gave up hey? Well i have a new sound card (solves the problem of losing my audio ever time i change something in my BIOS) and some new memory (which should be able to overclock a little better than my generic or value ram). I WILL GET TO 3.0 GHz!!!!!!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom