How to keep WinXP really fast & stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a bad thing, but you all should remember. The more stuff you install on a system to try to keep it "stable" the less it's likely to remain that way. Honestly, if you spend a few hours learning about how to configure and setup your operating system, (All that info is available online you know), you don't have to rely on others to do it for you and in the end will spend less time fixing any problem you can ever encounter. Don't be blinded by the ideas that the above will make it work better for you. it's not the case. Aside from antivirus and spyblockers, all the rest is just understand how to do it, and finding your own way.
Good luck.

Inaris said:
This isn't a bad thing, but you all should remember. The more stuff you install on a system to try to keep it "stable" the less it's likely to remain that way. Honestly, if you spend a few hours learning about how to configure and setup your operating system, (All that info is available online you know), you don't have to rely on others to do it for you and in the end will spend less time fixing any problem you can ever encounter. Don't be blinded by the ideas that the above will make it work better for you. it's not the case. Aside from antivirus and spyblockers, all the rest is just understand how to do it, and finding your own way.
Good luck.

Wow..
You are a HATER

you are alway knocking somebody's idea with your "you need to know how to configure it properly" Rhetoric. then you won't even answer their question.

I remember you try that once on a subject with me about norton 2003 ghost and you didn't know what the hell you were talking. you were telling me that I couldn't configure ghost properly when it was a known defect that ghost 2003 had

why are you here? Help somebody for once.

Inaris said:
Honestly, if you spend a few hours learning about how to configure and setup your operating system, (All that info is available online you know)

Let's see..

I think that is what he just did.
Another thing. this topic seemed to have helped some people out

Stop H8ing

here is where I copied and paste the page file info, inaris. pc world and pc magazine said basically the same thing. now you tell all of the experts that they are wrong

XPTC_Page_048.jpg

XPTC_Page_049.jpg

Just thought I'd add that; where the page file is best on its own partition... It is still on the same physical drive, so it won't boost overall system performance that much. The key thing to do with your page file, if possible, is to situate it on its own partition on a separate physical drive.

TMT.

We must have posted around the same time, there ^. You just pointed it out my point, so that's all good! :D

TMT.

TMT said:
Just thought I'd add that; where the page file is best on its own partition... It is still on the same physical drive, so it won't boost overall system performance that much. The key thing to do with your page file, if possible, is to situate it on its own partition on a separate physical drive.

TMT.

thank you

I don't think putting it on it's own partition really helps that much. I guess it could but it will actually hurt you if you don't put it on the first partition on the drive. Most important thing it to have the page file on the first level of your hd.

derrmc said:
when i go to move my documents to another partition drive, it asks me if i want to move system file "desktop". do i?

Now I know what you are talking about. I installed a os on acomputer yesterday. today I Changed the documents folder and it came up.

you have "hide protected operateng system files" in folder view unchecked.
now you can check it, then move the document folder, then uncheck it again, if you are not sure what to do

EricB said:
Now I know what you are talking about. I installed a os on acomputer yesterday. today I Changed the documents folder and it came up.

you have "hide protected operateng system files" in folder view unchecked.
now you can check it, then move the document folder, then uncheck it again, if you are not sure what to do

yes, that will work. exelent!

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom