Overclocking 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight :) I have to overclock the 'Engine' and then increase the memory to keep the ratio the same? Or is it the other way around?

I currently have it set to Engine 551Mhz and Memory 1003Mhz and all seems fine...

Im no good at maths :D If i round up the ratio to '1:2' would that be fine?

Another indicator that you've gone too far is that you will start seeing artifacts and graphic glitches.

I now have it at 570/1043. Still everything seems fine. Is it safe to go this high?

Im using CS:S 'Video Stress Test' to test its performance, lol. So far im getting 71.6 fps with full AA, full AF, all gfx settings on highest at 1280x1024.

Before i started overclocking i was getting 62.6 :)

If everything looks OK then it should be safe to go higher. Check the temperature as well though.

Hi, :)

Im just thanking you for helping me :classic: I have managed to get it to 581/1073 and it works great. It wont go any higher though. I tried it a bit higher and i was seeing green colours everywhere and then it froze :confused:

Works great and dosent seem to overheat. It seems to reach 60 degrees celcius under most stress :)

Lol, thats the same thing I would do when OCing, CSS stress test. Wow, you got it all the way up to 580? I'll try to push mine a bit further. Good job at your first OC.

woot6600GT said:
No, the only way it would "break" is if it overheated to the point of melting causing serious damage. You can do it, it's easy especially with powerstrip, just small increments.

^^On the bit where i have highlighted it with italics, do you mean 'its easy to melt your card using powerstrip' or do you mean 'overclocking is made easy using powerstrip' :) You can read it both ways and it makes sense but i hope its not the 'melting is easy' definition lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom