Speechless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fan looks suspiciously like my rooms air circulator fan...

Hmmm... I smell fakes...

Though I do wish they really made this... Cool indeed.

They do. It was unveiled at Cebit 2005, by Zalman. It's still a prototype, but it is not fake.

And just how may I ask would this EVEN FIT inside a case? The zalmon 7000 cooler is 700 something grams, and a warning comes with it stating that maximum weight on the socket should be no more than 450grams, my GOD how much does this jet engine weigh? I am willing to bet that there are some cheaper water cooling solutions...

It wouldnt fit in a case...not even a thermaltake armor case. I can just imagine one day hearing a "crunch" and there it is with ur CPU at the bottom of the case

dhw200 said:
I can just imagine one day hearing a "crunch" and there it is with ur CPU at the bottom of the case
I can just imagine hearing a crunch as soon as you finish setting it up :D

i can imagine the crunch as you drop it on your hands trying to take it out of the box. :)

the hell............that can't be real........look at the size of it compared to the pack of cigs down there.......that'd be way the hell too big and too heavy for any case/motherboard/CPU on the market today.....this has to be some sort of joke....hence probably why you can't find it anywhere else....also the site did actually load for me

EDIT:
Zalman include a full instruction booklet on how to daisy chain 5 300W PSUÂ’s together to power the fan, and you get 50 starter cartridges free to get it spinning in the first place
That basically seals it 100% that it's not real.

it is real. but to run it you'd need to like suspend it from the ceiling.
but i mean god, you may as well take 2 regular 1.5ft diameter fans and mod them into each side of your case

dude......there is no way that's real....you really think it'd be real if it said something like you had to daisy chain 5 FIVE 300w PSU's to get the fan to spin? Use some common sense man, not to mention '50 starter cartridges to get it spinning in the first place'

Yeaaaaaaaaaah thats real arlight :rolleyes:

that does sound fake, but i think the fan is real, they're prolly just ragging on it. but you prolly actually have to plug it into the wall or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom