ATi crossfire Benchmarks are in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, a single 6800GT on a good system with a high end CPU can generally get 4900 or 5000 in 3dmark05, and so SLId a 6800GT can generally hit 10K....not to mention those benchmarks are biased towards ATI as it is, and two of the ATI flagship cards (well I guess it's not THE flagship since it's not PE) only hits 9967?

Going from two XT's to adding in that one XTPE seemed to make quite a difference though, but considering how much "better" those X850s are supposed to be compared to the 6800Us the scores seem to suck IMO.........mind you when I say it sucks I realize that it'd still easily play every game on the market, but I'm just saying it from comparitive point of view.

not much performance for how much they are going to cost, probobly like 1000$ for the two, thats how much 6800's are

Indeed not very impressive when you factor in the price, especially when you consider 3Dmark is intensive DirectX benching which should give ATi the advantage anyways...

I will say that I like the idea of crossfire being able to use any two existing cards, they don't have to be exactly the same as with SLI meaning a card you buy now can still be used in the future for that little extra performance. Although that won't be true at this point and time as the x800 and under cards are PS3 equipped so adding them to a Fudo or above card would hinder the capability of the fudo altogether.

I don't like the master/slave concept either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom