Why pay for a UFO case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
I am working on a new rig and was looking at getting a UFO case cause I like www.mountainmods.com work. But their cases average around $300-350, and I would rather put that money into the computer parts itself rather than the case. So I decieded to take on the project of building my own custom UFO case. I just got the frame welded ealier this week.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/cvetant/Picture002.jpg

And here is a picture of it sanded and primed black right away, to protect it from rusting.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/cvetant/Picture001.jpg

I just picked up the aluminum sheets and plexi glass today. The plan is to build a near replica of a UFO case,maybe add my own thing or change somethings around with it. I am gonna order the motherboard tray off mountainmods.com instead of building my own, which I could see being a big pain in the ass. It is still a major work in progress, I thought maybe I could get some input or comments. Thanks.

Sound's like a good project,I was wanting one of those ufo case's myself untill i seen the price :( This 1 guy that work's at the comp place i get all my crap has one,He got his all modded and he's running 2 setup's in it,On the one side he has a AMD gamer setup and the other side a Intel set up :confused:

That is really cool, yea I was looking for a bigger case that i could fit alot of stuff in it and have alot of space for air flow or even water cooling eventually, and yea those UFO cases are really expensive.

Its all a matter of preference. I can tell you completely builting your own case, no matter what kind it is. Your going to really have some pride in it. Its so much different when something is handed to you, or you purchase it yourself. Following to, purchasing a unit already complete, or completely assembling it customly to fit your preference.

Its a project to built a computer, but your going the howl nine-yards. I do have a few recommendations though. Just make sure you take your time man. Complete MOD's suck. But take your time man, its a laber of love. Also what type of hardware will you be installing?

Thanks man, yea no matter how it turns out I am gonna love this case cause I am building it all myself. Hardward wise I am going with:

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 San Diego 3700 gonna OC it to 4000, gonna go the San Diego route because I have used their cores before and love them. Atleast a gig of OCz platinum ram, definitely gonna overlock it.. I have a 36.7 gig WD Raptor I am using for my OS, then the plan is going to be to RAID up another two WD hard drives, nothing to big though. Graphics card, most likely a eVGA 6800 GT, but will see if I have the funds after I get everything else.

Power supply, could use some advice, I am thinking atleast a 500watt maybe more, was looking at Antec ones but not sure what power supply I should go with. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cooling wise, gonna stick with fans for now. I don't think I will have the money to go water cooling just yet, but the case should have around 8 to 10 fans, haven't decided yet. I could also use some advice as far as a processor heat sink? Noise doesn't matter cause this case is already going to be loud as hell.

look at the antec neopower

or the super flower 550watt modular power supply

both are reasonably priced and are not too bad aka pretty damn good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom