Codec trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
My divx and mpeg video's stopped working. They are either black or extremely dark. I already uninstalled/reinstalled DivX. How do I fix this?

I usually don't even read threads by you, i figure if you have a problem no way i could even understand it. :)

however i have a few guesses... (they are probably wrong, sorry)
1. Make sure your settings are adjusted
2. Go to start -> control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced -> refresh frequency
3. Update your video card :)
4. Did you recently get the sp2?
5. Run around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off (might work never know)
6. Open your hardware device manager and make sure there are not "!" next to the video card.
7. These videos aren't downloaded are they?
8. Make sure they aren't zipped

PS
sorry that wasn't that great...

I am assuming you have tried the DivX Player? None of my DivX movies work in Windows Media, but all of them do in DivX Player.

Blitze105 said:
I usually don't even read threads by you, i figure if you have a problem no way i could even understand it. :)

however i have a few guesses... (they are probably wrong, sorry)
1. Make sure your settings are adjusted
2. Go to start -> control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced -> refresh frequency
3. Update your video card :)
4. Did you recently get the sp2?
5. Run around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off (might work never know)
6. Open your hardware device manager and make sure there are not "!" next to the video card.
7. These videos aren't downloaded are they?
8. Make sure they aren't zipped

PS
sorry that wasn't that great...

1. What settings?
2. Should be fine/not make any difference.
3. I have the latest drivers.
4. Nope.
5. I tried, but didn't help. J/k :D
6. Everything looks fine.
7. No, they are home-video's, if you know what I mean.
8. LoL.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not in the mood to try anything rightnow, but will downaod the stuff Eric suggested when I have time. (DivX Playa didn't work either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom