processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

meggitt

Beta member
ok, i'm not a computer expert, infact i no pretty much nothing, so can sum1 tell me what to look for in a good processor for a pc mainly gunna be used for gaming but also running multiple programs at one time. and will somebody please explain about the ghz and the number of pins and all that sort of thing and what it means.

once again sorry for being a computer idiot

For gaming AMD Athlon 64 Venice core is the way :)

To explain everything about CPU's is pages and pages, try picking up "Upgrading and Repairing PC's 16th Edition" it explains it all

For gaming, the san diego is better than the venice, because it has an extra 512k of L2 cache. I think I read somewhere that the san diego core is going to be the last one based on a 90nm architecture, and it is going ot be used in the upcoming FX-57, so that really says something. If you do not agree with me, please refer yourself to my signature. :)

OC= Overclocking ("For power end user only" lol)
Cache= memory on the cpu, (I think...something like that, more is better.)

oc = overclock.

cache = sort of like a small area of memory in the CPU where it stores recently used commands an such, sort of like a buffer.

Are you planning on building a new PC or upgrading a current one? If you are upgrading, your options will be more limited, and if you get a CPU that dosn't fit in the socket, your screwed.

i am planning on building one. i just wasnt sure on a good processor is all. and dont worry i aint gonna buy a different processor as what will go in the soket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom