Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
Okay... this is kinda weird. So, I have my system overclocked and everything. It can make it through memcheck86+ and 3DMark05 fine and everything with no problems. However, today I tried to run a DOS game using the DOS executable file, and I got the blue screen of death telling me that something got to hot, replace hardware, windows has been shut down.... etc. Any ideas what is wrong? How can it survive 3DMark05 just fine and run games like Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike, but wimp out on a DOS game?

What did the exact BSOD say? It's OC'ed, is it properly cooled? That seems to be the culprit.

Not sure... I reset my overclock today anyway so I could put my other stick of RAM in... now it is dual channel. I'll have to work my way up again.

But now that I am on this subject, why is it that when I had one stick of RAM in, it could run at 1T with a FSB at 250 and its ratio at 5:6 but with both sticks in, it has to run at 2T or my computer won't boot even with a FSB of only 200 and ratio of 1:1? Does this have something to do with dual channel?

Dual channel is obveously harder to OC. Just keep 1T reducing the other timings (ie cas latency).

That's just it... I can't get 1T. My timings for a stable system right now are 3-4-4-8 at 2T. This is definitely faster in dual channel with timings of 2.5-3-3-7 1T of course, but why can't I get 1T right now?

Got the DOS game working and I'm successfully overclocked again.

My FSB is at 250 and the CPU is a 2250 MHz with the RAM at around 210 MHz or so. The timings are 3-4-4-8 at 2T. Still the same question though... why can't I get 1T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom