how to link documents directly to a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchi99

Solid State Member
Here's the scenario:

I have a .doc that has a bunch of links to a bunch of .pdfs. Both the .doc and the .pdf is located on a cd. The links are not working now since every CPU has different drive letters for their cd. Is there anyway that i can create a link in word such as:

\\"the cd drive"\folder\file.pdf ???????

What i want is for the .doc to be able to access the .pdfs on different CPU's that use different drive letters for their cd drive.

Thanks.

B

You might have to convert the .doc to an HTML page. That way the links will have a relative path and will always load from the CD or whichever path the HTML file is in.

i tried that. the links are still pointing to the cd drive of the e:/ but i'm using a cpu that has the d:/ as the cd drive.

Create a newe site and a site folder and copy all the files into that folder. Then just point you links to the files. DW should give the links a relative path instead of an absolute path. i.e instead of E:/files/file.pdf it would be just /files/file.pdf. That should work for you. You could also just manually change the links i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom