6800GT recrommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone here likes eVGA havn't had any experience with them but i've only heard good comments

eVGA or Leadtek are the best cards for the average person and both OC very well.

XFX is known to get alot of great world record overclocks, but these cards are also often DOA, dead on arrival

I got an XFX for my friend, and it works fine. But thats just me. I'm surpised at the amount of people who (claim) have their XFX DOA. It's a huge volume of people, I figured they would at least remedy this problem. Why the hell would the majority or their cards be DOA? This is a huge financial loss for them. I'm sure that this is not the only forum that claims them as mostly DOA. You woulda thought that someone at XFX would have caught wind of this and they would have fixed it. Odd...

But yes, as has already been said, eVGA. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, here claims them as the best. I have an eVGA, and just got another one. i have not had any problems. Go with eVGA, they the best.

XFX is equally as good, except for the whole DOA thing. I guess it's the luck of the draw. If you want to tak the chance of getting one DOA and have to go through the whole process of RMA'ing it, thats your prerogative.

revz said:
i'm buying a 6800GT GPU.... any recrommendations on models?

Not to be a jerk or anything, but GPU pertains to the Graphics Processing Unit on the card. The actualy chip. GFX Card was what you were looking for. I'm not being anal, but it was only a matter of time before someone pointed that out to you, I just wanted to be the one and try to do it in the least condascending way possible :p. No offense meant, I hope none was taken. ;)

Chances are that whole increase in XFX DOAs was just a bad factory supply, as I haven't heard any problems regarding any XFX card as of late. Of course, I haven't heard any problems regarding leadtek or eVGA ever, so yeah...

Oh man, I bet someone was fired for that mishap. They have prolly lost so much buisness because of that! So many people are turned off by their cards now, and so many more people tell other people to NOT get XFX. Poor XFX, poor poor XFX...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom