Getting a good power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshM

Baseband Member
Is it really important to get a good power supply? I'm getting a new computer, and I can choose between the 420w power supply that comes with the case(i can't find a namebrand), or pay 70$ more for a 480w thermaltake powersupply. I'd rather keep my 70 dollars, but if it really does make a difference to get a good power supply I'll pay some more.

Other people will say get the new power supply... but, personally, I say keep the money. I've been running my computer fine since I got it, and it has a crappy 500W power supply that came in a Broadway case (Okia was the brand I think).

Unless you have really demanding parts (Lots of drives, 6800 video cards) then don't worry about it.

The 420W one that comes with the case should be fine. However, makes such as Thermaltake and Antec are very high quality, and are worth looking at. The power supply is what powers the rest of the computer, and so if it breaks it can damage the other parts too. So make sure you have a decent supply.

get the thermaltake. Crap PSUs (which come with all cases, except Antec or Thermaltake Cases) will likely crap out and take your system with it. Its worth the money

Yeah I had a crappy PSU take out an ENTIRE HIGH END COMPUTER -mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Thermaltake TT-420AD are great and cheap, should be 37\38$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom