internet hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4sTr0

In Runtime
alright ive been building this new comp and i have everything i need for the comp like the video card, hard drives, and cpu. all of that. but as i was putting all the items into my shopping cart on new egg i couldnt find the part that hooks me up to the net. like the cat5 wire-plugger-inner.
i feel kinda dumb asking this, like i bet its probably in the mobo or something but can any1 tell me the facts?
i dont wanna order all this sh*t and figure out i cant hook myself up to the only reason im really getting the rig.

c4sTr0 said:
like the cat5 wire-plugger-inner.

Niiiiiice, a wire-plugger-inner. Not sure if they make those. :D

You mean a NIC (Network Interface Card). Is that MoBo good? If it is, it will be built in. If it is old, and it dosent, you can buy a card for $10.

well damn i was thinking about it too hard.

yea here is the rig-

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #: LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultr
**This item may only be returned for a replacement of the same make/model.
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $132.00 $132.00
ATX Computer Cases Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update XCLIO XClio-jr CS428BK Silver/Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Model #: XClio-jr CS428BK
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $40.49 $40.49
Internal Hard Drives Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update HITACHI Deskstar 7K250 14R9463 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: HDS722516VLSA80
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $84.00 $168.00
Memory - System Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT - Retail
Model #: TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $115.00 $115.00
Power Supplies Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update Antec NeoPower ATX 480W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: NeoPower
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $116.00 $116.00
Processors Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA3200BPBOX
**This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $203.00 $203.00
Sound Cards Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update M-AUDIO US99120 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Model #: US99120
Remove Move To Cart Move To Wish List $92.00 $92.00
Video Cards & Related Devices Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update Leadtek A400 GT TDH Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
Model #: A400 GT TDH

thats my cart right off of newegg

You are fine. That is a very new, and extremely nice, board. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is Gigabit as well. Nice work. Very nice setup, very nice. Might want to throw a CDROM drive on there, dosent seem like you have one. :mad: A floppy might be nice too. :p:

complement the members of this forum, this was pretty much all the their doings

and i already got me a NEC dvd burner and yea.. i outa throw in a floppy

How much are you paying for that Leadtek? I personally would go with eVGA and I think most members here would agree. Of course, unless there are circumstances the allow you not to buy this card.

Speaking of the video card, I think you've got an AGP card for a PCIE mobo. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll need to get a pci-express vga if you want to use it with that mobo.

No my friend, you are not wrong. It's a good thing you caught that!

Castro, you will need a PCI-E card to fit in there. Or, conversely, you will need an AGP board to fit that card. Tell me which one you want to go with and I'll try to tell you the best ones to get.

That is one MASSIVE hsf! But yep, Luxar was right, that is an AGP card and your MoBo is PCI-E. Which do you want, AGP or PCI-E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom