What's the Best anti Virus software that doesnt cost a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little tip for you Norton/Symantec users.
Let me try to put this in a way that doesn't sound too illegal.......

If you can't update your virus definitions because of an expired license....Before you click "Update" for LiveUpdate to go out and find updates, try changing your Windows date/time to a year ago (or a time within your licensed date). This works with all Norton/Symantec apps prior to 2004 editions. Then, after updating your defs.....change your system time back to the present.

I would NOT recommend trying anything that I posted above....you would be breaching your contract in the user agreement.....that would not be legal. :)

-Michael

Norton can pick up just about any virus - more than likely though it doesn't account for every virus.
what I like about AntivirXP is that it is a very fast scanner and does not hog resources, i can play a lot of games while scanning no problem (on a P3 500 machine)

I like AVG in my computer shop I do alot of work with removing viruses and I catch most viruses with AVG than I do with any other virus scans. AVG is not perfect but neither is norton and mcafee. AVG seem to miss less and with the free version that they have it seems to me that it stops the viruses better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom