Processor Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmanw88

Solid State Member
I'm new here, and here is my situation. On a very tight budget, I am building a computer that is going to be doing some light video editing with premier. So far I have ordered an Asrock board (socket A), XFX Geforce FX5200 128MB video card, 80gig hard drive, 512mb DDR400 RAM, and a firewire card, and I already have a case and psu. For the time being I will put a 1ghz Duron in there that I got from my mom's work, but very soon I will be ordering a proc. Which should I get, the Athlon XP 2800 Barton or the Sempron 3000 Barton? The price is pretty much the same, so what are your opinions on the 2? I don't want to spend any more money than that.

Before you guys laugh at this stuff, keep in mind where I am coming from. My current computer is a 750 P3, and I was editing videos with a 1.0 P3 laptop with a 32mb video card, and I could tolerate that, so this new computer will definately be a huge step up for me. I am not concerned at all with being up to date with the latest technology, I just don't want to be using a computer that is over 5 years old any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom