MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) ok, you can quote some random mac site all you want there is alot of misinformation out there on the web
alright, here's something for you to do:
find just one site indicating there are any viruses for OSX.
just about every site with info on the OSX will say there are none.
Ive had a friend Andrew Boundy who has had even Win2000 screw up on him for no apparent reason, my dad has a friend Aiden and his laptop with OSX has had no troubles whatsoever, not even viruses (because there are none for OSX)

Re: mac or pc?

pete said:
I work for the department of health laboratories in NYC.
We run the biggest and most modern anti terrorist and chemical lab known, all the bad stuff goes here for testing and antidote.
We also run the only poison control center in the world. We log calls from all hospitals around the globe. So we need a stable 24-hour network system. That will never shut down. The computer of choice has been the PC with windows 2k. Is this reliable enough? I think so!!

Win2K is damn stable (I use it every day in AP comp sci). I will give you that. MSoft just doesnt know how to take a good thing and run with it.

a computer is as stable as you set it up to be. If your running a computer for a pr0n machine, and its running XP im sure its gonna be the shits, but it would be for any operating system.

I'm an absoloute nazi about who uses my machine and wat purpose they use it for. And I treat her right by giving her a spyware scan, virus scan and a defrag (as well as other cleaning apps) and she runs fine. Never crashed on me yet.

ADZ said:
If your running a computer for a pr0n machine, and its running XP im sure its gonna be the shits, but it would be for any operating system.

okay ADZ i have no clue where that statement came from, but i have a slave xp2500 machine that i use mostly for pron, movie server to my TV, processing & burning dvd's and it runs pretty stable except maybe the sapphire VIVO dual display is a bit buggy. that is a problem with the video hardware/ drivers though.

if the world was reversed and macs were cheaper than pc's i think i would still buy a pc. i think the people who say pc's are much more unstable than a mac may be using an counterclaim that is outdated. modern pc's for the most part are very stable and they are getting more stable as time passes.

i have used mac OSX and i can say with confidence that OSX is primitive compared to winXP. both OSes are equally user friendly and look equally nice, but in a business environment i can now understand why a mac isn't usually used as a server or as a workstation.

I think is easier to find parts a lot cheaper for PCs than MACs. I have a G3 and an old PowerMac 7500 still going and going...
I really enjoy the easiness of the apps but not the price tag to them.
The PCs have so many different utilities and software variations that make it more interesting to reasearch and learn!!

apokalipse said:
now I didn't even try to say that it wasn't POSSIBLE to create a virus for OS X i did mention it would be extremely difficult, emails are put into a completely seperate part of the Hard Drive

same with a PC, its called temporary internet files, they can still propagate themselves across the whole hard drive, that right there is a noob statement, hell viruses can propagate across LANs, WANs, and GANs, why not a hard drive :p

Mac's can't do anything? I'll tell you what, the Mac's have sooooo many really good pieces of software (graphics are one of it's biggest), and on top of that it CAN run Windows programs (mind you most people who own a Mac don't)

thats funny because no one uses "pcs can run Mac software" (which they can through an emulator) as an arguement for why PCs are better, lol because PCs have more software

I'm gonna tell you this, there are a lot of people who prefer Mac software, My dad's friend Aiden is one, and I would love to be able to use Itunes and some of their graphics software on my PC but noooo, that's not possible on a PC

there are more people that prefer PC software over Mac software

what do you mean how is it possible to own more software? I mean if somebody on a Windows computer might have 10 pieces of software, somebody with a Mac might have 20 or 25 now tell me it isn't possible

i didnt say it wasnt possible, i just said why do you think that someone with a computer that has less software available and the software that is available is more expensive would have more software than someone that owns a computer that has more software availble for less? its basically like saying "more people own 2004 dodge vipers (more expensive, less available) than 2000 hondas (cheaper more widely availble) it just doenst make sense

now, the statement "I looked at a PC and it crashed" was an EXAMPLE, JUST READ IT!!! I said "any idiot could have made up a story like that" then i put it in as an example. now who is immature? not me!

no definately now its you

apokalipse said:
The G5 is expensive, but if you had a PC with the same specs it would prolly end up costing the same, but then the G5 would still perform better.

totally not true, lol, i just built the computer you see below (- the hard drives and cd-roms) for $640 USD, there is no way you could get a Mac with comprable specs for the same price, ok, say i paid $100 and $150 for the hard drives and another $100 for the CD-Roms thats still under $1000, no way in hell could you get a Mac like that for the same price, wont happen

and if there are no viruses for OSX, why then would mcafee make a virus scan product for it?

http://www.securemac.com/virexosxcommandline.php

I don't know, in all the years I used macs in my high school they always felt chinsy and cheap. No power it seemed. I've tried one new one with OSX and I feel almost handicapped because I cant do half the things I do in xp.

yeah, Mac OS seems dumbed-down, lol its like my friend once said, "if you know your way around windows, you can cruise through the mac OS" it is really simplistic, which is nice, but it doesnt have the advanced features which are also nice

pc's all the way. i mean mac's have their advantages too but PC's are the most widely used and most common and more hardware/ software for them.

Its not so much a question of which one is better but just remember this:
1. Macs have a miniscule share of the PC market.
2. Many Software compaines have stopped porting their programs to Mac;s because of reason # 1
3. If you're a gamer, forget it. Most of the new games will not be released in a Mac format.

You decide.

-Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom