Monitoring users

Status
Not open for further replies.
honsbeek:
If it is your computer tell him he cant use it and change your password. If it is his computer then it is none of your business and if what he is doing is illegal then by getting involved, like Glider says you are incriminating yourself.

wxcpo:
To monitor who your kids are talking to on the internet go up to them and ask them "who is that you are talking to?". Capturing their conversations is just invasion of their privacy and while i aprechiate that it is more than likely your computer, your internet connection and that they are your kids that gives you no reason to record their conversations with their friends. If you are concerned about who they are talking to then ask them, in all honesty im kind of concerned that you want to listen in to childrens conversations for no apparent reason.

True 'fitzjj'.

You may not want to know what your kids are up to because the things I got up to would not have pleased my parents,

there is to much shit out there about meeting weirdos online, they are out there but just tell your kids what the dangers are. They would appreciate that a lot more.

I would ****ing crack at my parents if they had ever done that, that crosses the line by a mile.

You should not monitor your child's conversations, dont be soo alarmed about the internet.

It's really just an invasion of privacy, are you going to monitor all their conversations at home? No.

though, if you really want to know to whom and what your kids are talking.. there are numerous programs out there that will actually record all popular IM programs :D

though, as i am a teen (just turned 17), i wouldn't want my parents to log my activity (trust me, most kids know more than the adult the computer area.. although most spy programs i've seen claims to be secure, i can spot them without much of an effort :D)

but if you really want to chance it, just search google :D

fitzjj said:
wxcpo:
To monitor who your kids are talking to on the internet go up to them and ask them "who is that you are talking to?".

You don't think I have done that before? I am more than sure that not every parent knows every single child their kids are friends with. Like I said, I am military and my kids have gone to schools in California, Washington, Virginia and now Mississippi. That's a lot of friends to try and keep up with. Plus can't a kid simply lie and say oh I'm talking to so and so when they really aren't?

Capturing their conversations is just invasion of their privacy and while i aprechiate that it is more than likely your computer, your internet connection and that they are your kids that gives you no reason to record their conversations with their friends.

Sorry if I disagree, but it gives me every reason. As a 13 year old and a 10 year old their privacy is very limited when it comes to using the internet. I am not one to sit right beside them and watch them constantly and my children have alot of freedom to do things. It's not their conversations with their friends that I am interested in reading. It is conversations with people who they do not know, but try to lure tham into explicit conversations.

in all honesty im kind of concerned that you want to listen in to childrens conversations for no apparent reason.

I don't want to "listen" in to their conversations as you put it. I want to make sure they are safe while on the internet. I guess I could just take away their access to the internet, but that would be a little old fashioned don't you think? The fact that they are my children and the world is no longer the Leave it to Beaver world that our parents grew up in gives me reason. As long as I keep seeing stories on the news of 40 year old men coaxing young girls and boys to meeting them somewhere and then sexually assaulting them I will be concerned for my own daughter and son.

I truly feel sorry for some of you that think it is far worse to invade their privacy and know what they are doing rather than to be concerned for their safety.

I don't know were these creeps you here about on the news hang out anyway and I sure as hell don't know how kids manage to find them, but I suppose I hate chat rooms and don't go near them.

Yes a degree of protection over your children is justified by all means, it is how much and how to determine it that you must decide. If you have 'NetNanny', have the computer in the living quarters and talk to them that would be enough. Not record what they are doing with out them knowing, THAT IS OVER THE LINE AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT........!!!

To be honest you sound like one of those American Evangelists from the arse whole of know where and all the residents of the town belong to the same family due to inbreeding.

First a question. Do any of you people who think I am going overboard with wanting to ensure the safety of my children actually have children yourselves?

Glider said:
I don't know were these creeps you here about on the news hang out anyway and I sure as hell don't know how kids manage to find them, but I suppose I hate chat rooms and don't go near them.

Hey I don't know where they hang out either, but I sure as hell know they are out there AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT!!

Yes a degree of protection over your children is justified by all means, it is how much and how to determine it that you must decide. If you have 'NetNanny', have the computer in the living quarters and talk to them that would be enough. Not record what they are doing with out them knowing, THAT IS OVER THE LINE AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT........!!!

I don't want to secretly record my children, some of you people are taking this to the extreme. I WANT TO BE SURE MY CHILDREN ARE SAFE!!

To be honest you sound like one of those American Evangelists from the arse whole of know where and all the residents of the town belong to the same family due to inbreeding.

Isn't not knowing one another great. It gives you the sense that you can say things to others that you wouldn't normally. It gives you the sense that by reading a few lines someone wrote you instantly know everything about them and know exactly the type of person they are. Trust me I am by no means one of those "American Evangelists" you'd like to think of me as. I am just a concerned parent like millions of other parents out there. You yourself even state having NetNanny that wouldn't be bad and that is one of the very programs I asked about.

I do appreciate your response, but to think you know me and have any right to try and label me something I am not shows that you are an idiot.

First Rule: Take everything said on a forum with a pinch of salt, it is hard though to grasp others sense of humour and understanding when you can't see them.

No I have no kids and so have not that responsibility and understanding that you would have.

I am not at all passionate about anything I wrote. It was spare of the moment, something to do. It is no real concern of mine but I can see it would be to you.

You seem a very loving parent. The topic starter wants to spy on his friend and you want to spy on your kids, that's pure sly and creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom