GigaByte Boards Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
Just wondering what the consensus on GigaByte brand boards is, around these parts?

Yes, they seem to be good.

Although a lot of mobo manufacturers have released one, or two (or more) bad quality motherboards that have some kinda flaw (like the Asus A8N-SLI having a shoddy chipset fan).

I would ask about a specific model of mobo, and go and find some reviews on it.

True... I was just wondering if the brand was considered crap or not. Are any board manufacturers considered utter crap?

I have a GA-7VT600, that would just reboot for no reason. I disabled that reboot after blue screen function, so that's not it. It was weird, the screen would go blank, the hard drive would spindown and boom, I'm at the POST. It tended to happen when I would start a program, like WIndows Media Encoder, UT2004, Word you name it. I'm selling that hard drive on ebay (it was only 20 gig). The power supply is 500 watts too.
When I get home I will run The Microsoft memory test and that Memtest86 on the RAM to see if that is the problem... So I dunno.

The challenge these days seems to be just getting one that works LOL.

2 weeks ago I ordered 3 boards, 2 gigabyte and 1 MSI, 1 gigabyte was DOA, and the MSI was DOA as well, neither would POST

RMA'd both of them, got the new ones back friday, the new gigabyte replacement would POST, the MSI was ok for about 2 minutes then it hung at POST and after shutting off the power and trying it again it was dead too

Giga-Byte are pretty noce motherboards. They have this unique CPU and memory overclcoking utility in the BIOS and in Windows. But they aren't real goood if you want to overclock.

Yeah, OCing is something I will avoid... In college seeing a good friend of mine fry his CPU and board... Ugh. That was not fun. He had no money and his PC was his life. All we did was play Quake during our free time and he just sat around. We eventually put together a PC for him from spare parts laying around.

Snump, are you putting a CPU on the board you already have? The mobo you have uses Socket A CPUs. That link from ebay is a socket 754.

Im kinda confused as to what you want. :confused:

Elbatrop1 said:
Snump, are you putting a CPU on the board you already have? The mobo you have uses Socket A CPUs. That link from ebay is a socket 754.

Im kinda confused as to what you want. :confused:

Whoops, nevemrind...
I have the board sitting around and I don't know what to do with it. I tried to sell it in ebay but nobody bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom