Internet Fax Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

schecterelec

Solid State Member
Ok what I want to do is run my fax machine to my computer and send what I scanned with my fax machine through email to someone elses fax machine. I am trying to get rid of the phone line at my house to live off a cell phone. How can I do this the cheapest way. I am also willing to use a scanner instead of a fax machine but I need to be able to send and receive faxes through my computer and make the faxes I send come out of other peoples fax machines. If I posted this in the wrong place please move it.
Thanks

There are online companies who will do this for you...for a cost, of course. You can sometimes receive faxes for free via email, but I think you normally need to pay 10c/page or something to send a scanned image.

I've never actually heard of this service. Two things though:

I'd be really suspicious of this 'free' service. They say it is 'ad-supported', which sets off alarms for me. I hope that doesn't mean that they send tonnes of fax-spam to the recipients of your faxes (or still spam them when they send you a virtual fax from their machine).

Second, they say they off phone numbers in 65 countries. It may be important for you to have a virtual number in your local area code, if you do a lot of local business. For instance, if you live in Rochester, NY, but they only have numbers for NYC, if anyone in your hometown (Rochester, in this case) send you a fax, they will have to send it long distance.

Winfax Pro supports email integration allowing you to send faxes as email attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom