memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
I Have this dell 466 mhz computer that has windows 95.I wanted
to install windows me and it told me I need more than 32 mb of memory.The memory in there is real small.Does anybody have a idea what kind of memory this is

if i were you i would stay with 95. much better then winme.

plus you will run quicker.

If you want to upgrade from 85, than 98se is alot better than windows ME, as that Os was a failed attempt to making another 98se (best Os from microsoft until 2000 pro/Xp pro- still not perfect though.)

Your memory is most likley to be Sd ram, but either download CPU-z or take the memory out and take a picture for us to see, to be certain.

no way in hell should u use winme!!! ritual suicide is a better option. as trifid says you should probably go with 98se. xp should be able to run bearably on it if you can get more ram (keep in mind it won't be the pinnacle of performance) or linux which always impresses me. would need more info on ur computer to tell about the ram. but id say most likely pc133 sdram will do the job. pc133 will work with either pc100 or 133 so from the processor u specified its the most likely.

nitestick said:
no way in hell should u use winme!!! ritual suicide is a better option. as trifid says you should probably go with 98se. xp should be able to run bearably on it if you can get more ram (keep in mind it won't be the pinnacle of performance) or linux which always impresses me. would need more info on ur computer to tell about the ram. but id say most likely pc133 sdram will do the job. pc133 will work with either pc100 or 133 so from the processor u specified its the most likely.

Your not doing much in XP without 256 Meg of RAM, it's really $%$^% hard with 128 meg of ram with XP

I would put 98SE on your PC to be honest, much better than ME. But if you were to find a 128 meg stick, it would nicely run windows 2000 pro
\ server.

I have run xp on a p3 450mhz, 64mb of ram, and it is good for nothing really. It took about 3/4 minutes to boot, it hit 100% cpu performance to refresh a page, it was worthless. But you really need both a good cpu and a fair bit of ram.

To help performance you can change the look of xo to the classic one, and it did run a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom