Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtnrdr44

Beta member
Hello, i recently decided to build my own computer. I have everything assembled, however when I turn the computer on the monitor displays a "no signal" message. I have recently exchanged the motherboard, video card, and processor for the same model. And when i took it to the computer store today they tested the system and said that the CPU was no good. Why isn't my monitor getting a signal. I know it's not the monitor since i used the one that i use normally on my computer i have right now. THe mother board is an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe with a ATI Radeon X800 XL video card and an AMD 2.8 ghz 3200 processor. Have a 480 watt Antec power supply. Please help because if i dont get this working my parents are making me return everything

make sure you push everything in properly

is that gfx card AGP as well?

also, try giving it to your local store and they'l usually help you (for a small fee..negotiate the fee before they help you)

yeah its an AGP and i talked to the ppl at the store and they wanna make me pay for it which is stupid since i just bought all this shit from them and they want to charge me to tell me what is wrong with the parts THEY sold me, but thanks for the help

i don't think there is anything wrong with the parts they sold you, you probably assembled something wrong

for example, did you attack the 4pin molex form your power supply into the video card?

if the gfx card doesn't have power, i dont' think it'll work

I had that same problem at first. If you have something plugged in wrong, it'll give you a false code making you think it is something like an AGP slot, or graphics card. You should really disassemble everything, and put it back together and ONLY put together the required things (processor, graphics card, etc.). DO NOT plug in things like front side USB or things like that. See if you can get it working with just the basic stuff. If you can, then slowly plug other things in. I think you may have just overlooked something on an accident and if you take it apart and reassemble everything, you'll be okay.

diabloII said:
i don't think there is anything wrong with the parts they sold you, you probably assembled something wrong

for example, did you attack the 4pin molex form your power supply into the video card?

if the gfx card doesn't have power, i dont' think it'll work

yes i did all that and i've taken it apart and put it back together twice now

one question why did you buy a radeon? you wasted your money on that
with your problem, i think you should just pay the experts to get it working, it's better then giving it all back, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom