Need Old School DOS expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

artracing

Beta member
I was wondering if somene can help with this. Old school MS-DOS.
I have a milling machine that uses a Acrosser AR-B1570 CPU Board computer that just broke down. The program that runs this machine is custom and runs in MD-DOS. The machine boots from floppy. It has a product key connected to the parrallel port to allow program to run. All communication is done over the serial port.
My question is what would I need to do to get my Thinkpad to run this program? I assume the software is setup with all the info it needs to run this AR-B1570 on the floppy but running on my laptop it has problems.
The thinkpad runs memory check and whatever it does before going to the floppy to boot but then the floppy takes over and runs it's own routines including himem check.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am out of business until I get the CPU fixed.
I just seems to me if the AR-B1570 can run this machine so should the thinkpad.

Rob

"The thinkpad runs memory check and whatever it does before going to the floppy to boot but then the floppy takes over and runs it's own routines including himem check."

so the program dows not start from the floppy after the mem check? what happens next?

are you saying that the acrosser makes your g-code program, then sends it to the milling machine via serial port?

Man, that is not good news. Why dont you just throw DOS on a computer, sans Windows, and have it hooked up to the machine via serial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom