Sticky $500, $1000 builds, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I was thinking of having diiferent builds for different budgets (like in my original post in this thread).

So you will have to do 2 of each kind of setup if this turn's out.

I thought that there might have to be something like this. I think this is something where a lot of people will agree that AMD does a bit better for gaming, and that Intel does better for office-apps, editing (image, sound, etc), multi-tasking,etc...

I still think that the hardest part of this is going to be the AMD vs Intel fanboyism.

Elbatrop1 said:
I still think that the hardest part of this is going to be the AMD vs Intel fanboyism.

Ya that's what i was going to say but decided not to :eek: Everyone has to learn that there is people out there that alway's use's something different than what they do.And don't forget half the people that ask to build a comp for them don't even live in the state's.

I think we are on to something :)

2 thoughts:
1) I like the idea of having a "base" system or base parts AND then listing alternatives for certain parts. The alternatives being based on price/performance/generic vs. name brand/etc.

This should keep the "Number of different builds" down to a minimum AND still allow for slight variations.

As everyone will have their unique price limitation or want to spend more money on certian features or on certain performance areas....

knowing what does what... will be a GOOD Part of this list!!!

2) yes, flames, etc will occur... strick moding is A must... However, I'm a believer that people can learn :)
Most flames are based on valid points, except that the flamer forgets to be deplomatic in the post....they will just mentioned their opinion and curse, etc WITHOUT explaining their point.

which comes down to a) they don't have a valid point or b) they don't know who to express/explain their point....
either way, I hope they can learn :)

The big picture, I think this can be very helpful for TF members.

Example, my biggest problem is finding a build spec I like, but needing to change 1 or 2 parts different from what is in the existing spec.... at that point... the parts I want to add... I'm clueless on if: will they work together?
will it make since if I add xyz part in this config?

tahnks

I like the idea of having a "base" system or base parts AND then listing alternatives for certain parts. The alternatives being based on price/performance/generic vs. name brand/etc.

I like this. We could use a spreadsheet layout. Have columns for base and overclocking.

strick moding is A must

Ya, I agree. Maybe if there was a few mods, not just one or two.

Example, my biggest problem is finding a build spec I like, but needing to change 1 or 2 parts different from what is in the existing spec.... at that point... the parts I want to add... I'm clueless on if: will they work together?
will it make since if I add xyz part in this config?

This is the kind of feedback that would be needed, not the "Don't use xxxx, it sux bollocks!" kind.

There are a lot of extremely intelligent, albeit twisted, individuals on this site, and their combined creativeness could be awesome.

Another point in regards to mods: The posts would have to be monitored to be suret hat the feedback given actually pertains to the subject at hand. I know I hate it when I see a thread that sounds like something I want to know or help with, but when I click it I have to wade through 2, 3, or 4 pages of meanderings to get to what I want to know.

I thought I would give this a bump as we are renovating the Hardware Zone, and this might be a nice addition to it:)

I would volunteer some of my time to put together a few systems that would be hard to argue with...

I want assurance that if I made some builds that they would get stickied:D I dont want to go through a bunch of work to find my posts going into the catacombs of TF:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom