Pentium M vs. Pentium 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

the drizzle

In Runtime
I dont know too much about the wonderful world of laptops, even though i own one. I have seen alot of Pentium M in laptops lately, but I just want to know if it is better than pentium 4 in a laptop.

Pentium M's are slighly slower overall, but they use a hell of alot less battery life.

Pentium M is also known as Centrino and Pentium 4 Mobile.

You can search up some benchmarks for good comparasions :)

So pentium M is centrino? i get it now. Ive got 3ghz p4 in my laptop right now, and it is hotter than hell. plus battery lasts maybe 45 min. Thanks for the link, it was very helpful. It seems most pentium m processors were clocked around 2 ghz; is this still competitive with p4 processors running around 3ghz? sort of like amd's processors?

Only 45 mintes lol, what kind of battery are you using? Thats horrible lol. Overall it comes down to your performing task. Some people need speed or just desire it. Others dont utilize their processor completely, but do tons of work. So battery life is very important to them. As always, your usage should determine what processor you need.

I use it for gaming. Im looking to upgrade to a new one, so thats why i was wondering if pentium m might be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom