AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the best i can do

bench.jpg

P4 1.2 vs P3 1.2.

The P3 beats in in both tests, in Mips it smashed the P4, but in the other one it beat it just by 2 points.

reason(s)?
*edit* I was bored, so I looked at the "hardware guide" in his sig.
the guy who wrote it seems pretty Intel and ATI biased.

they said this about the Intel 660: This 64 bit component clocks at 3.6Ghz and was created to fit perfectly with the new Windows 64 that will come out shortly.

actually, Intel's 64-bit processors were made just to compete with AMD's Athlon 64's. Intel didn't have time to create the 64-bit architecture needed to natively run 64-bit apps, so they just included some instruction sets which allowed them to emulate 64-bit programs with their current 32-bit architecture. it is more or less software-based, and much slower. hardly the "perfect fit"

and this about the FX-55: The Intel processor is better for overall stability but the FX-55 is faster.

the kind of people that believe "Intel's are more stable" are those with not much knowledge about CPU's at all. they stick with the big brand names, often including Dell and HP (which we know both suck)
neither are more or less stable than the other, it mostly depends on software. rarely hardware (unless you're overclocking, or have a cheap PSU or something)

they also said - ATI Radeon X800 XT: This is the best video card on the market right now.

there are benchmarks that say otherwise.
now, I want to make it clear I do like this card, however it's only faster in Direct3D. the 6800 performs much better in OpenGL.
plus, they have heard of the X850 by now, haven't they?

i agree with apokalypse, that hardware guide is very intel/ati biased.

Cpu upgrading with the Pentium 4 660 would be a great idea if you are a gamer.

He compares the 9800pro and the 6600gt as the best of ATI/Nvidia.

a guy opinion with 4 computers, 2 pentium and 2 amd

My computers
1.mine. amd 3500, 1 gig samsung ram (I just built this yesterday)
2.wife's. pent 4 2.8, 1 gig
3.kids. pent 2.66 512mb
4. my old one. amd 2600 1 gig

you already know that my newest one is killing everything. but I had the others one for awhile. the pent's are faster for video editing and clicking to spots.

the amd 2600 is faster for everything else

If i had a Athlon 64 3000+ (939) and a P4 3.0ghz and both systems had 1gb Ram, Raid of 2 7200 RPM drives, 6800gt, etc, i doubt i would notice the difference unless i started playing games etc or bechmarks.

well I have both types and I will tell that, it just isn't so. when I first got into computers I was told that intel was better and faster, but I learned on my own that it wasn't true. you will learn more by seeing for yourself than taking somebody opinion.

example my 52x cd burner burn a cd in 1min 40 sec on amd. the same burner takes 3-4 minutes on intel. I can do 2 task at once on the amd. the hyperthreading intel might get struck and lock. the intel will lock. the amd will slow it down and then get right. they never lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom