Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
My other computer has a Hitachi Deskstar Serial ATA drive, and it is so fooked up, i want a different one, i dont need RAID, so just a regular hard drive would be nice......preferably 200 gb or 160 either one........Recommandations, anyone?!?

Seagates seem to be the HD of choice. If I were to buy a hd tomorrow for myself, it would probably be a Seagate. Western Digitals are pretty good too.

Make sure it has a 8MB cache, and spins at 7200rpm.

I put my vote to Seagate, as they are a bit more quiet than a Western digital and just as reliable (Western Digital has always been known for their reliability.)

IDE ultra ATA and ultra ATA are the same thing. Sata will be faster, so go for that.

Sata will be faster, so go for that.

Thats not always the case. If there is only one drive to be used, get whatever is cheaper (IDE or SATA).

SATA is only faster when you use more than one drive.

They are all RAID-able, with IDE if you do RAID than you will have to have 2 harddrives on one channel, which bottle necks it, and it can't read and write at the same time (same with cd drives.)

I read that sata was slightly faster though... if not that than they get the better cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom