Username/Password on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaNox

Baseband Member
My friend recieved an old computer from a school and when he goes to start up the computer it loads fine and everything except it asks for a username/password. We have no clue how to get past this.

It's a windows 98 system.

Suggestions?

we had tried pressing esc, but to no avail.

We really can't ask the person who gave us the comp since it was from a school...

With out tring to hack in to it you would prob. be better off formatting and reinstalling the os of your choice. Unless it is like a bios password(then you have to find out from the school). If it is a windows password if you just got the computer from the school it prob. has a bunch of junk that you woudnt use anyways so i would just blow it away and dffr.

uh.... what?

it asks for a password to log into windows, like to get into the desktop and such.

then to get the password screen off you would either have to login after knowing the password /login name and change it not to ask you for the password or reinstall windows. In which case you said that you couldnt get the password so all I can think for you to do is reinstall windows

1. Since it sounds like it was networked, does it have a nic card?

2. If so, try taking it out, with the power off, and see if it lets you bypass.

If not, Repartition, Reformat Reinstall doo da doo da.

yeah, it was networked. I'm really not sure about the nic card. I know nothing about hardware. What does one look like?

and how to I go about doing the repartition, refomat, and reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom