ATI Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoooR

Beta member
I am considering buying this card, but I dont know if my mobo is compatible to use AGP 4x8x.

My system info says:
x86 Family Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1662mhz

this is an HP Pavilion541c.

I would be forever grateful for some help in deciding if it will indeed work on my machine.

Thanks
Jay

I've been reading the system specs at HP's homepage for your HP Pavilion 541c, and it does indeed have an agp port. It doesn't say wether this is 2x, 4x or 8x, but since this is a pretty modern system, my guess is that it has an either 4x or 8x agp-port..

Do you have a manual for your mother-board? If so, try to find some info there.

Awesome. I appreciate the help. I have something esle to be thankful for. Best Buy has the ATI Radeon 9600 128mb card for 69.99

Yea.. i have the 9600 pro in my computer and it works like a champ! it has been a pretty good card so far knock on wood

You most likely have an AGP 4x port, seeing as you are using an Athlon XP 2000+ processor with a modern motherboard.

The card will work fine, as long as it can use the 1.5V voltage.

I purchased my ATI radeon 9600 PRO at the end of the summer to replace my old NVIDIA MX 2 and man it rocks. Since my old card only supported directX 7 I didn't even have those nice water reflection effects you have in so many games like Pirates of the Carribean etc... They're gorgeous.
I downloaded the dx 9 demos from ATI and I can't wait to see them in games. The pixel shading used in Max Payne 2 was awesome.
I tweaked it slightly with Radclocker (core 411 memory 330) and it's stable as a rock (it's not even the 10% the manufacturer keeps for safety margin) and I got a 10% increase on 3d mark 2003.
All I can say is go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom