Need Recommendation on Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

niteghost

Solid State Member
Hi,
Presently, I am having Radeon 9200 ATI, and I wish to Upgrade.
Wish to see a Remarkable Difference in speed and Performance in the next ATI Card that I will be purchasing. Thinking about X800 Pro .
What do U guys Recommend ? ( Got alot of good deals on EBAY Now )

Thanx

x800 series is a failure to ATI, basicly almost anyone except 2 people think they suck this generation.

The x800 does not support shader model 3 as well, this is needed in upcoming games to play them at all, and it is nice to have to improve your graphics in Games like Farcry and Splinter Cell Chaos Theroy. Shader Model 3 is the future of game shaders.

But, since your obviously an ATI fanboy, around june they are launching their R520 Core (X900) line which seem like they will kick nvidia's @$$.

And the reason why their's lots of pro's on ebay, is because they are overly expensive and they suck, as a 12 pipe card.

If you want a card now, get the 6600GT or 6800GT

do NOT get an X800 Pro, or any other X800/X850 series for that matter for all ofthe reasons Chris just stated. Beedubya and I can attest that ATI messed up big time.

However, I would wait and get a X900 when it comes out, it does look significantly better than the 7800

Ultra isnt worth the cash. The GT can easily be overclocked to Ultra speeds and beyond on stock cooling. The performance it offers is minimal. GT is the way to go

I would wait for alittle bit then get a current gen card when the prices fall if your on a budget. If not, just wait when the next gen cards come out.

If you get a card now, it will be obsolete in about 3 months.

Hey just because something is not currently top of the line, does not make it obsolete! I still have a 5600 and it does everything I need!

I would recomend leadtek Winfast 6800GT TDH 256 - A good all rounder and plays all games with high graphics quality.

003 said:
Hey just because something is not currently top of the line, does not make it obsolete! I still have a 5600 and it does everything I need!

I meant that newer technology will be out soon, and todays top of the line stuff won't be as powerful. Sorry about the confusion.

niteghost said:
Hi,
Presently, I am having Radeon 9200 ATI, and I wish to Upgrade.
Wish to see a Remarkable Difference in speed and Performance in the next ATI Card that I will be purchasing. Thinking about X800 Pro .
What do U guys Recommend ? ( Got alot of good deals on EBAY Now )

Thanx

DO NOT get an X800 Pro. I have that card, and it sucks arse and it has been my most regretted hardware purchase ever. There is nothing that it can do that the Nvidia 6800 series can't do except suck in Doom 3 and lack Shader Model 3 (the building block of future games.)

Get the 6800 GT, which is near the same price, and 50-75% faster than the X800 Pro in OpenGL, and includes Shader Model 3.0, so it will be ready for future games.

If you want to go ATI, wait for the X900XT, as it will boast 32 pipes and likely be twice as fast as current 6800 series cards, plus it will be the debut of SM3 on the ATI platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom