My DVD (data files) is not recognized by Windows! plz help_ReallyNead the files on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I have DVD that contains data files I have put on after I formated my computer. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks and it was always working. After I formated yesterday to Win XP SP2, it no longer ecognized the files!!!
After I insert the DVD into my DVD Burner drive, nothing shows up to ask me what to do. When I open My Copmuter, the name of the DVD does not show in the dvd drive section. Instead, I read "DVD-RW Drive (E)" When I double click on it, it takes a lot of time to open (the computer freezes most of the time) and nothing opens (blank folder)
The drive is working When i nsert any other DVD (data), it workds. Ialso have 1 which has a lot of scractches on it AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY When i insert it EVEN THOUGH THE ONE WHICH IS NOT WORKING HAS NO (almost) scraches!!! The DVDs are also the same brand so it cant be the DVD is not good

I have tried buring an image with alcohol 120 but at 99.8%, it gives me a read error and when Itry to open or mount the image, i get an error that the image files is not accessible

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!! I need these files!! They are important !!!!

Thank You
Rawan

Have you tried it on a different computer? How about rolling back to SP1?

thank you for your replies...
I just opened it here at the coputer at school and it opened...I saw all the files!!
Im relieved but what can the problem be? All other DVDs are working at home (including data dvds) exept this one
How can I fix that?

Thank You
Rawan

If there are DVD writers at your school, you could re-burn the disc, and maybe then it will open at home?

TMT.

no, I formatted, reinstalled and added sp2.... how exactly can I check for dirvers? but if that was the case, shouldnt the DVD RW drive NOT be working AT ALL?? It is working perfectly with every other CD and DVD I have...only this one is not working.

Can this be related to another problem I have; It is that every internet site opens EXCEPT GMAIL!! When I type www.gmail.com, :"THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" appears! I have tried deleting cookies, temp... nothing is working~!!

Wierd problems~!! lol

On Gmail, make sure you don't have a virus (not likely since you just formatted, but possible). If you don't, then make sure your browser is capable of encrypting things, as the gamil site is secure. Try installing a different browser and see if it your broswer's problem. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking things if you have one.

With the disc, was your computer prebuilt or did you make it yourself? If it's prebuilt, then I would call up the company and make sure you unstalled everythign they did when you reformatted. I have a dell laptop that I have wiped a couple of times, and the first time I did it ceased to run my mp3 player loader, crashing on transfer of files. So maybe you just don't have everything the probably strange hardware needs to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom