Noob Experiencing Major Sound/Video Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermaltake silent purepower 480W (60-65)
for a good soundcard, there's the m-audio line, creative emu0404's (i think they're the good creatives), or for a good but cheap solution, get a turtle beach santa cruz

I just 'restored' my computer back to when it was good. Get this, it worked. I do however, have the strongest confidence that the problem will arise again. If I went back in time and today was the day I restored it to. Tomarrow would be the magical day when the computer started to lag up. I will not download anything for at least a week, or travel outside the websites other than my favorites. Run adaware and other anti-spyware programs. But I do think it will come back, because I am certain that when it happened before, I had done nothing wrong.

Before I formatted, I had done nothing wrong and this problem came. After I formatted, the problem came.. due to what? I have no idea. I will still buy the PSU you suggested (If there isnt any worries about compatibilitys or whatver to my mobo). And a sound card.

it's nothing to do with the PSU, or any of the hardware.
something was obviously hogging your CPU. if it does it again, press ctrl+alt+del, and see what's eating up your CPU time

despite it not being the PSU, I would still give it a more reliable PSU anyway. I know from experience what a low quality PSU can do. I was just lucky enough not to get physical damage (but that was probabbly because the PSU's I've used didn't give enough power, as opposed to too much)

Before I restored, the computers resources were only being 'eaten' on average of 4%. I don't know what caused it, but I've stayed up 6 hours later than I should have, trying to enjoy the crap out of this thing before the possible reintigration into slowness again.

diabloII said:
thermaltake silent purepower 480W (60-65)
for a good soundcard, there's the m-audio line, creative emu0404's (i think they're the good creatives), or for a good but cheap solution, get a turtle beach santa cruz

Yes the EMU's are good cards, but why are you recomending a cheaper studio card to people on the forum? All of these cheaper studio cards only support stero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom