CD Rom Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HY&SC

Beta member
I running a program directly from the cd rom as usual and not problem occur so far .However ,recently the program ( Unreal Editor 2.0 actually) crashed when loading and show a error something like " bad names ....". After this i try to open the program but failed .I was shock to found out that every CD i put on the CD Rom does not work after that .When i put a cD inside the CD Rom does load a while but then stop responding and it did not detect any CD in the window explorer .This mean that any Cd inset to the Cd rom do not load itself as if there is not Cd inside .I do not know what happen as it load well before .I have try many thing ot fix it but fail.Please help !!

how many cdroms do you have? if only that one. You can try to use a bootable cd. perhaps a windows cd to see if it will let you boot to the cd. if it lets you then you prob. have software curruption if not than most likely you have a bad drive.

Looks like it may be time for you to get a new CDROM. I think my friend had a similiar problem as you. Bought a new one and problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom