AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol....

Okay I see what you mean.

The thing is, will a 250x8 or 250x10 hurt the life-time of the processor or anything? I mean I want the CPU to last at least 2-3 years without stability issues. Another thing is how noticable will the difference be from having DDR400 memory to DDR500?

better speed

TRUE
Amd is king if your processor speedi s over 1000 mgz. But
in the older machines the pentiums make the computer have better speed

early Athlon's were dominating against Pentium 2's, Intel had to release a new CPU to compete. that CPU was the Pentium 3.

the Pentium 3 is pretty much the gateway between CPU's in a few hundred MHZ, to the GHZ era.

After about 1GHZ CPU's were out (that's a guess, might have been more, might have been less), AMD made Athlon XP's, to which Intel had to make newer CPU's again
although from what I heard, it was AMD that actually gave it to them. AMD gave Intel the Willamette

the Northwood was the backbone of the Intel edge over a lot of the Athlon XP's, so AMD made the Barton. Northwood's were pretty close to the Barton in performance

after the Athlon 64's came out, they originally weren't spectacular, however had/has the 64-bit edge. the socket 754 Clawhammer's did get a little bit of an edge over Northwood's in a lot of applications, but socket 939 is where Athlon 64's shine, especially the Venice's

Pentium 3's are intels most efficient CPU... especially Dothan.

All P4s have terrible performance to heat ratios... Prescott just took it to the unbearable level.

P4 are nice, but all the gizmos of netburst seem to drag its efficiency down...

Theres a pretty interesting article on this on tomshardware.com... check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom