should i buy this mobo and gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
GPU mobo
what do you think any suggestions? preferably i would like to spen 50-60 ona mobo but that one dies seem pretty nice and ne suggestions on the gpu i would like to go a lil cheeper than that without having to mess around with rebates like would a 6600 serve me well in the future or should i shell out the extra cash and stick with the 6600gt? thanx for any comments.

1.) 6600 is crap
2.) def. go for the 6600GT; it's only $159 AR right now for the eVGA one (evga is very good, chaintech is crap but known to oc good for some people)
3.) why the new mobo? just save up for a new amd cpu and a new sock939 mobo

If your going Intel, get a LGA775 not a 478. I would also consider 64bit processors. I would get a eVGA 6600 GT. Also never get a gigabyte board. Always stick with DFI, MSI, Abit.

pick up the eVGA 6600gt from zipzoomfly and save up and but a nice 3200 and a good socket 939 mobo
you seriously wont regret it

okokokok...i did some quick reaserach and found a amd939 proc and mobo in my range and ill just buy a gpu later

mobo

proccesor

i need a quick reply there on sale and times a waisting

they are both great

don't expect to overclock with that motherboard though, cuz it has no OCing options

Codeine said:
If your going Intel, get a LGA775 not a 478. I would also consider 64bit processors. I would get a eVGA 6600 GT. Also never get a gigabyte board. Always stick with DFI, MSI, Abit.

DFI has been shit up recently their nforce 3 and nforce 4 lines are doing well.

MSI has always been mediocre

Abit goes from good to bad more than my girlfriend changes her hair color

Gigabyte has always been a good solid motherboard manufacturer

LGA775 is the way to go if you want to stick with a dying technology. The 550 3.4's compare almost identical to an amd64 3200 as far as raw cpu power. However amd processors have a higher memory throughput due to the ondie memory controller.

The gigabyte k8ns line is a good amd64 939 overclocker. Others have said that the MSI neo2s are good overclockers, i havent been able to get anything out of this board.

diabloII said:
don't expect to overclock with that motherboard though, cuz it has no OCing options
are you talking about the MSI board he posted, because if so, that board is built for overclocking!
the MSI board is up there with the AV8 3rd eye and the DFI NF4 Ultra-D

as for the video card: Chaintech is not a reliable brand

and I would look for a Venice core Athlon 64, they overclock much better than any previous Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom