Case Mod - Briefcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerch

Solid State Member
Hey all,
After building my custom PC(built in Dec. 04) I relized I love making PC's :) So I was looking around the net and a site about mini mother boards. And I was like "dude! what if I could put on in something and have it be portable and comeplete self containable(monitor, psu, keyboard and everything)" So I was doing some more searching and sound some guy who built a mini PC inside of a briefcase!!

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/attacheserver/

So Im looking around, seeing what I can get to build this mini PC. This is what I have so far:

Monitor - ILO 15inch LCR w/ built in speakers
$187

Keyboard/mouse - Logitech cordless desktop
$40

Wi-Fi - Belkin Wireless G USB

Briefcase - Staples
$60
-------
$327

I know thats not everything, but Im still looking around. Any suggestions? Comments?

Thats so damn funny. When i was 16 i wanted to built a computer on my GT Dyno lmao. Dont know how i would of used the computer and ride my bike though lol. No i was not sober. When i think of a PC in a briefcase, i think of super huge laptop.

Codeine ~ lol. This will bascily be a big laptop :p

diabloII ~ Are you thinking of the keyboard being inside of the briefcase? If it was like that, that would be hard to use. Thats like a 3 - 4 inch diffrence from the desk to the keyboard :p Im having it wireless so I can sit back and be able to have the keyboard in my lap and mouse...somewere :p It wouldnt be a PC that I would contantly use, like my desktop. It would be for show, fun to play with, and a learning expierance

;)

i think its hideous IMO, just get a nice case, or invest in a real laptop, if the case is bumped, your likely to lose a hd or something due to it hitting the lcd and losing that aswell..

Again.... This isnt really for practicly use :p If I wanted to have something portable, and want to use it all the time. I would buy a laptop. But I want something that is Seriously diffrent from anything else. And to be able to brag about it :p :p

Anyone have any ideas on what else to build/mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom